Call for Membership (2018 – 2020) to the Developing Country NGO Delegation to the Board of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
The selection process strives to achieve a balanced and representative Delegation with strong consideration for the following qualities:
- Adolescent and Youths in their diversity
- Malaria expertise
- Tuberculosis expertise
- Global Health expertise
- Community Systems Strengthening expertise
- Women in all their diversity
- Key population representatives (sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender people and people who use drugs)
- Sexual and gender diversity
- Strong knowledge in finance, strategic planning, media and human rights
- Sustainability & transitioning
- Specially encouraged to apply, persons from the following regions and countries: Eastern Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa regions, South East Asia and the Pacific and Africa (particularly) Francophone Africa
The Delegation operates in English. Linguists, who possess strong working competencies in the other languages of the Global Fund (Spanish, French and Russian) are encouraged to apply.
Length of Term: The term of office is for a period of two (2) years (2018-2020).
Closing date for applications: Monday, 20 August 2018, 17h00 CEST
The member will form part of a team of delegation members, democratically led by a leadership team (a board member, an alternate board member, a treasurer and a communication focal point (ex-officio). All, live and work across the developing world. The length of term is also subject to performance appraisal.
Criteria for Selection
- Evidence of being from and resident in a developing country
- Belonging to a community or civil society organization (i.e. NGO, CBO, FBO, network, etc.)
- Formal recommendation letter from the individual’s organization and an undertaking from the organisation to permit the member to contribute up to 25% of the person’s time to the work of the delegation
- References from two NGOs, CBOs or networks in the respective region.
- Possess understanding of the scope of work of the Global Fund and its processes
- Have minimum five years of experience in front-line NGO work in 1 or more of the 3 disease areas (HIV, TB and Malaria)
- Ability and capacity to communicate and network effectively and broadly (must have functioning communications linkages such as: Internet, telephone, computer and email)
- Be culturally competent in communicating with diverse peoples & groups. Skills in communication, finance and management procedures are particularly welcomed
- Possess diplomatic and strategic political skills including capacity to think and work strategically and independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in written and spoken English (additional languages, especially French, Spanish and Russian are greatly desired and welcomed).
The Developing Country NGO Delegation
The Delegation aims to contribute to and influence Global Fund (GFATM) policies and practices in an effort to make them continually and appropriately responsive to the needs of those affected by HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and the NGOs and CBOs providing necessary services. The defining feature of this delegation is its ability to bring relevant perspectives as implementers and representatives from recipient countries — based on the knowledge and experience of Non-Governmental Organisations/Community-Based Organisations and Faith based Organisations (NGOs/ CBOs /FBOs) and their constituencies,
The Delegation is a team of volunteers and seek to expand its team with suitable candidates/ members capable of representing the diverse NGO/ CBO/ FBO response to HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria on the GFATM Board and to aid in meeting the following objectives:
- Represent the perspectives, views and concerns of Developing Country NGO’s on the GFATM Board in a strategic and consultative manner.
- Inform and positively influence the governance processes of the GFATM to better integrate non-governmental and community based efforts to fight HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria into national and international responses.
For more information on the Terms of Reference for Delegation Members and the documentation to apply, see here: Delegation Call for Members 2018-2020 FINAL
Main decisions at Global Fund’s 41st Board meeting include updated allocations methodology and restricted financial contributionsDecision on changes to committee selection processes deferred for further consultation. Post Views: 1,311 Read more
Connecting NGO and communities representatives from Eastern Europe and Central Asia with 3 Delegations to the Global Fund BoardThe session on “Connecting NGO and communities representatives from Eastern Europe and Central Asia with 3 Delegations to the Global Fund Board” was held in the The Global Fund Community Zone of the Global Village at the XXII International AIDS Conference (AIDS 2018) on 25 July, 2018. Post Views: 964 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Third Call for proposal CEECA EMERGENCY SUPPORT FUND 15.02.2024 11:41
New $10m USAID RFP for Central Asia MDR-TB Programs 30.01.2024 12:39
Supporting community participation in AIDS 2024 06.01.2024 23:36