Grants to support the meaningful involvement of the civil society and communities representatives from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Ukraine in the country dialogue processes related to the development of national funding requests for Global Fund Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) in 2023
- 09.02.2023 14:07
- Post Views: 126
Based on the Global Fund Board’s decision in November 2022 on the funding available for the 2023-2025 allocation period (referred to as Grant Cycle 7, or GC7), in December 2022 all eligible countries received allocation letters indicating allocation amounts available to support the national responses to the three diseases.
Country Coordinating Mechanisms (CCMs) are expected to initiate a country dialogue to discuss the content of the new funding requests, coordinate the process of their development and to submit their funding requests for GC7 during “windows” within the three-year time frame. Each country should decide on the “window” to submit the funding request depending on the timeframe of the implementation of the current grant and the Allocation Utilization Period indicated in the allocation letter.
The submission window deadlines for submission of applications in 2023 are:
|Window||Applicant Submission Deadline 2023|
|1||20 March 2023|
|2||29 May 2023|
|3||21 August 2023|
It is expected that Kazakhstan, Moldova and Ukraine will submit their national proposals in W2, and Azerbaijan – in W3. Thus, the time to develop funding requests is very limited.
The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association, being the host of the EECA Regional Platform for Communication and Coordination, offers grants to civil society organizations from EECA countries to support meaningful participation of civil society and community representatives in the process of preparing national funding requests for Global Fund grants.
LIST OF POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES FOR SUPPORT (These are just examples. You may suggest your own activities):
- Conducting a needs assessment among members of one or more communities in the context of building an effective response to HIV and/or TB, protecting human rights, promoting gender equality and meaningful engagement.
- Conducting face-to-face meetings in order to identify the highest priority interventions for the representatives of a particular community to be included in the national funding request;
- Moderation of the face-to-face and/or online discussions with representatives of various communities to develop proposals for submission to the CCM. Making protocols of such discussions and developing a document summarizing the proposed interventions and initiatives; etc.
- Assistance with substantiation of the proposed activities for inclusion in the proposal and their budgeting; etc.
IMPLEMENTATION TIME: March – May 2023
LANGUAGES: Russian and English
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
- be registered as a legal entity in one of 4 EECA countries: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Ukraine; in case of initiative group, it should have a financial agent registered in one of these countries.
- only NGOs, non-for-profit organizations can apply. Initiative groups also can apply, but their financial agent should be NGO or non-for-profit organization.
- work with / represent / provide services / advocate for the needs of key populations affected by HIV and / or TB at the national level.
- Ensure coordination and consolidation of the content of the grant proposal with key non-governmental sector partners in the country involved into the development of the national funding request for Global Fund Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) in 2023.
- Have the capacity to prepare financial reports: an accounting/financial accounting and reporting system, a separate account in a reliable bank with a high rating in the country to receive grant funds in the grant currency – USD.
No more than 1 grant per country will be awarded for the period up to three months of implementation. The indicative budget for each grant is US $ 6,000.
Application deadline: 27 February 2023, 23:59 CET.
Applications will be considered and a decision on grants to be awarded will be made as soon as they are received, and therefore it is recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send the following documents by 27th of February 2023 23:59 CET to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application form, signed by the director of the organization or responsible representative.
- Completed work plan and budget in Excel format.
- Annex 1 – Registration document of the organization translated into Russian or English.
Applicants who have submitted an incomplete package of documents will not be considered as tender participants!
Full ToR: Grants to support the meaningful involvement of the civil society and communities representatives from Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova and Ukraine in the country dialogue processes related to the development of national funding requests for Global Fund Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) in 2023
Strengthening the role of key populations in relation to HIV, tuberculosis and malaria to improve health and wellbeingL’Initiative has launched its 2024 call for projects. The aim of the call for proposals is to select projects complementary to and/or supporting Global Fund grants. Post Views: 2 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).