Global Fund for Women
Primary spheres of funding provision:
- Elimination of violence
- Development of economic and political opportunities and rights
- Promotion of sexual and reproductive rights and health
GF for women prioritize organizations, which crucially need our support, according to such priorities:
Ranges of influence
- issues of vital importance for women and girls
- freedom from fear of violence
- sense of worth
- control over decisions regarding their own bodies
3 important areas are outlined:
- Elimination of violence: participation of women and girls in society, development of their rights and opportunities, piece-making initiatives.
Aim: End of violence based on gender
2. Development of economic and political opportunities and rights: efforts of women to achieve economic independence and decent life, advocacy activities and democratic initiatives.
Aim: All women are financially secured and independent; state policy provide equal rights of women and girls to resources and means of support.
3. Promotion of sexual and reproductive rights and health: campaigns, services provision, advocacy and education, aimed to influence views and achieve adoption of laws, which will provide complete access to sexual and reproductive health and rights for women and girls.
Aim: all women and girls can make a free choice regarding reproductive and sexual rights and freedoms.
Tools of change
Our grantees use the following three mechanisms to achieve long-term changes for women and girls:
Regional priorities among countries of Europe and Central Asia
- Balkan States (Bosnia and Hercegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia)
- Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan)
- Eastern Europe (Russia – North Caucasus, Ukraine, Belarus)
- South Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia)
More information on the priorities can be found following the link: http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/information-for-applicants-rs/?lang=ru#priorities
Please, note, that to submit a proposal you organization MUST comply with all the criteria listed below:
- Located outside the territory of USA. We don’t fund organizations located on the territory of USA.
- Demonstrates clear aspiration to equality and enforcement of women’s rights and these values are reflected in organization activities. We don’t fund organizations aim of which is to create income for members of this organization or provide charitable assistance.
- Organization is a union of women working together. We don’t take proposals from private persons (including request for scholarship), and also requests for improvement of situation of individuals.
- Organization management is represented by women, women take all or most managing positions in organization and lead areas of organization work, connected to decision-making (including, but not limited to, the highest-rank positions).
Organizations don’t have to be registered as non-profit organizations (NPO) to receive grant.
In addition to this, please, note that Global Fund for women DOES NOT FURNISH financial assistance in the following cases:
- Government institutions
- Political parties and election campaigns
- International organizations, offering common projects with local partners
- Women branches, departments and projects of non-exclusively women organizations
Process of proposal submission
Terms of proposal submission and pendency
Organizations, which want to be among grant applicants, have to create organizational profile via our safe online portal. If applicants’ activities comply with Fund priorities, they will be invited to submit complete proposal for funding. Besides, we will be contacting organizations, which have organizational profile, on additional possibilities for funding, which can occur during the year.
Please, note that we don’t accept organizational profiles for granting cycle of 2016. GF for women will renew acceptance of profiles for future grating cycle in August 2016.
Proposals for trips and event organizing are accepted annually.
Currently, proposals for these grants are accepted via e-mail. You can download proposal form in section Apply for a grant on website of GF for women and send not later than 8 weeks before planned event to our e-mail: email@example.com
If you have any question regarding program covering Europe and Central Asia, please, write to GF for women: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on funding opportunities from GF for women and forms for downloading can be found at the link: http://www.globalfundforwomen.org/information-for-applicants-rs/?lang=ru
Global Fund funding opportunity – COVID-19 Response MechanismThe COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM), approved in April 2020, authorizes US$500 million in funding in addition to grant flexibilities. C19RM can be used across the three diseases and the health system, even if a country only has a single Global Fund grant for one component. The CCM will assess the most urgent needs and direct […] Read more
COVID-related Funding Opportunities for Civil Society Working on HIV, TB, Malaria, Gender and Human RightsWe would like to share with you the information about few COVID-related Funding Opportunities available for Civil Society Working on HIV, TB, Malaria, Gender and Human Rights in EECA. Read more
Global Fund Donors Pledge US$14 Billion in Fight to End EpidemicsLYON, France –In an unprecedented show of global solidarity, donors at the Global Fund’s Sixth Replenishment Conference pledged US$14.02 billion for the next three years – the largest amount ever raised for a multilateral health organization, and the largest amount by the Global Fund. The funds will help save 16 million lives and end the epidemics […] Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
UNODC: HIV/AIDS Grants for Civil Society Organizations 07.03.2017 06:29
MAC AIDS Fund International Grants 17.01.2017 03:23