– Alliance Consultancy is a public health consulting company, based in Ukraine and operating worldwide. It was established in 2008 by an International Charitable Foundation Alliance for Public Health (then – International HIV/AIDS Alliance in Ukraine) as Alliance-Ukraine Consultancy, an HIV/AIDS-related technical assistance provider for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA).
Today performance goes beyond HIV, technical assistance and EECA. Alliance Consultancy, Ltd. provides high quality, professional consulting services in the area of public health management with a focus on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care, as well as providing technical assistance to fight other epidemics such as TB, Hep C, malaria and others. Alliance Consultancy, Ltd. provides 4 key types of high quality services within various areas of public health and implement projects and assignments in all 6 regions of the world. Alliance Consultancy specialises in the essential aspects of the development, implementation and support of complex large-scale interventions in concentrated HIV epidemic contexts with particular focus on community and key populations involvement and intersectoral collaboration.
– Armenia, Georgia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Malaysia, Afghanistan, Bulgaria, Belarus, Bangladesh, Turkey, Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Kosovo, Moldova, The Russian Federation, Prague, Lebanon, Moldova, Tajikistan, Estonia, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Uzbekistan,.
– Alliance Technical Assistance Centre (ATAC) is aimed to facilitate high quality technical assistance provision to raise effectiveness of national, regional and global responses to public health issues and HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis in particular. TA provision is applied, responsive to the recipients needs and requests, proactive, flexible and, most importantly, tailored and individualized. Alliance Consultancy, Ltd. links civil society organizations, governmental institutions and any other interested stakeholders to relevant required expertise, providing various types of direct and indirect TA, based on the recipients’ needs.
TA is provided in:
- Managerial aspects of HIV interventions including:
- Governance and overall management of programs (including civil society, PLHIV, and KAP representation mechanisms).
- Financial management and ensuring appropriate use of resources Management of capacity development efforts and technical assistance delivery.
- Management of sub-awards.
- Procurement and supply management.
- Risk management.
- Management of transitions from external to domestic (including governmental) funding including the development of social contracting.
- Technical aspects of HIV prevention, care and treatment with emphasis on:
- Ensuring expedient access of key affected populations, specific segments within those, and their sexual partners to the continuum of HIV prevention, care and treatment services.
- Ensuring that specific obstacles hindering smooth transitions of people between different levels of treatment cascade are identified and addressed through innovative solutions involving collaboration between various sectors and organizations.
- Promoting the dialogue between governmental agencies and civil society actors based on clear distribution of labor, including better understanding of the role of community-based outreach as a gateway to the complete service continuum for many key population members.
- Use of new technologies including rapid HIV and CD4 testing to improve the effectiveness of treatment cascade.
- Revision of classic components of HIV prevention and care work with key populations such as needle and syringe programs, opioid substitution treatment, and case management in order to address changes in the drug scene, better understanding of factors affecting access to services and functioning of social networks.
- Revision of understanding of the quality of work (e.g. seamless movement along the steps of the treatment cascade as an essential factor defining quality of interventions).
- Meaningful engagement of key affected populations.
- The focus on promoting the pragmatic and evidence based rationale for meaningful engagement at various levels, factoring engagement in the program design including employment of KAP members in direct service delivery as well as KAP involvement in program management and governance.
- Gender equality.
- Specific focus on understanding and managing the influence of gender norms and stereotypes on risk and vulnerability, ensuring that the gender composition of the program beneficiaries reflects the gender composition in the target population, ensuring gender literacy of the key stakeholders and service providers.
- Human rights barriers to accessing health services.
- Specific focus on advocating access of marginalized communities to essential services such as substitution maintenance treatment, and needle and syringe programs, elimination of inhumane approaches (such as forced rehabilitation of PWID and cruel treatment of KAPs by law enforcement personnel).
- Community systems strengthening.
- The specific focus of this area of work relates to the development and functioning of community-based harm reduction services for People Who Inject Drugs (PWID) and community-based delivery of HIV prevention and care services to other key populations. ATAC offers support in the development and introduction of innovative outreach models targeting specific segments of key populations and linking the clients to essential HIV prevention, care and treatment services. Segments, tailored interventions, capacity development of service delivery organizations (complete cycle starting with rapid participatory assessments, intervention design, implementation, finance management, PSCM, monitoring and evaluation, human resource development, access to technical assistance).
- Monitoring, evaluation and research at various levels.
- Developing national and program-specific M&E plans, indicator frameworks, costed M&E workplans, data flow schemes, and other elements of a sound M&E system.
- Adaptation and rollout of up-to-date software for simplified collection, analysis and reporting of data on service delivery to key populations – SyrEx Cloud.
- Development of data collection and reporting forms and tools.
- Development and implementation of national surveys and surveillance and operational research.
- Development and implementation of project / program evaluation.
In addition to the above listed aspects of TA Alliance Consultancy has been recently engeged into development of such areas:
- Education and Development
- Logistics and Conference Services