Progress report on gender equality and key population action plans form the Global Fund
- 18.08.2016 08:39
- Post Views: 601
The report goes through the gender equality and key populations action plans objective-by-objective and provides examples of progress, wherever they were found, between 2014 and 2016. The findings are then synthesized into a series of “strategic messages,” which form the heart of the document.
Aidspan has summarized each of the strategic messages in their article The Global Fund releases a progress report on its gender equality and key population action plans.
The report builds on the strategic messages with a series of recommendations directed at the Secretariat. The recommendation are as follows:
- Champion the rights and publicize the needs of women and girls, and key populations, through advancing the relevant commitments in the Strategy, and by continuing to play “a leading and catalyzing role within the global health architecture.”
- Develop and integrate updated action plans for gender equality and key populations, with accompanying accountability frameworks.
- Address the challenges (as articulated in strategic message 3).
- Build capacity and expertise on gender equality and key populations across the Secretariat, with emphasis on the Grant Management Division.
- Strengthen the focus and accountability of its strategic partnerships, particularly those with technical partners and community networks.
Some of these same themes are expected to be addressed in a thematic evaluation of the implementation of the Gender Equality Strategy at country level, which the Technical Evaluation Reference Group expects to release later this year.
To download the full version of the report in pdf, click on the image above.
New $10m USAID RFP for Central Asia MDR-TB ProgramsPost Views: 17 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Newsletter #1, February 2024 26.02.2024 12:10
Third Call for proposal CEECA EMERGENCY SUPPORT FUND 15.02.2024 11:41
New $10m USAID RFP for Central Asia MDR-TB Programs 30.01.2024 12:39