22nd International AIDS Conference
This is the second time that Amsterdam will host the International AIDS Conference (IAC). The 8th International AIDS Conference was held in the Dutch capital in 1992. Amsterdam will be an important opportunity to measure the progress since then, especially in Eastern Europe where decisive leadership and engagement is critical for an effective response to the epidemic.
- Convene the world’s experts to advance knowledge about HIV, present new research findings, and promote and enhance global scientific and community collaborations in synergy with other health and development sectors.
- Promote human rights based and evidence-informed HIV responses that are tailored to the needs of particularly vulnerable communities, including people living with HIV, displaced populations, men who have sex with men, people in closed settings, people who use drugs, sex workers, transgender people, women and girls and young people.
- Activate and galvanize political commitment and accountability among governments, donors, private sector and civil society for an inclusive, sustainable and adequately financed, multi-sectoral, integrated response to HIV and associated coinfections and comorbidities.
- Address gaps in and highlight the critical role of HIV prevention, in particular among young people in all their diversity and its integration in a range of health care settings.
- Spotlight the state of the epidemic and the HIV response in Eastern Europe and Central Asia with a focus on investments, structural determinants and services.
More details about the Conference can be found on the official web-site.
On-line conference ‘Prisons in COVID context: how community health systems work in EECA region’We are pleased to invite you to the on-line conference ‘Prisons in COVID context: how community health systems work in EECA region’ that will take place on July 24th.The event is initiated by FREE ZONE and co-hosted by The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria and Open Society Foundations. Read more
Roundtable organized by Global FundOn 26 May (Russian) and 27 May (English) at 10.00 am (Geneva time) Developing Country NGO delegation of the Global Fund Board and the Global Fund Secretariat are organizing the Roundtable “Responses to HIV and TB in times of COVID-19 – strengthening engagement with civil society and communities in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA)” Read more
Webinar «Opportunities for civil society and TB communities from EECA region within the Global Fund Allocation Cycle 2020-2022»On May 15:00 form 3 pm to 4:30 (Kyiv time) TB Europe Coalition will held the second webinar from a series of webinars – «Opportunities for civil society and TB communities from EECA region within the Global Fund Allocation Cycle 2020-2022» Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Berlin to host 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science in 2021 28.02.2019 16:37
HIV2020 11.12.2018 16:39
10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) 04.12.2018 15:37
2nd International Conference on (Re-)Emerging Infectious Diseases 04.12.2018 14:48
HIV & WOMEN 2019 04.12.2018 12:42
INTERNATIONAL VIRAL HEPATITIS ELIMINATION (IVHEM) 2018 04.12.2018 12:27