AIDS 2016: key information about the event in Durban
When: 17-22 July 2016
Where: Durban, South Africa
For whom: all stakeholders engaged in fighting the HIV and AIDS apidemic, including policy amkers and people living with HIV, who managed to register before July, 2
FHI 360 is the official live coverage social media provider for AIDS 2016. Coverage is available on their site: http://crowd360.org/aids2016/
AIDS 2016 main objectives:
- Bringing together the world’s experts to advance knowledge about HIV, present new research findings, and promote and enhance scientific and community collaborations around the world;
- Promoting HIV responses that are supported by and tailored to the needs of at risk populations or people living with HIV, including women and girls, men who have sex with men, transgender people, sex workers, young people, and people who use drugs;
- Promoting activism and community mobilization that holds leaders, industry, and governments accountable and increases their commitment to an evidence-based, human-rights-affirming HIV and AIDS response;
- Advancing a clear agenda for HIV in a post-2015 framework, including the cross-cutting issues of criminalization, gender-based violence, sexual and reproductive health, rights, and stigma and discrimination that keep people living with HIV at the center of the HIV response; and
- Building innovative partnerships with businesses, community, government, and science to strengthen HIV prevention and treatment efforts.
Global Fund Donors Pledge US$14 Billion in Fight to End EpidemicsLYON, France –In an unprecedented show of global solidarity, donors at the Global Fund’s Sixth Replenishment Conference pledged US$14.02 billion for the next three years – the largest amount ever raised for a multilateral health organization, and the largest amount by the Global Fund. The funds will help save 16 million lives and end the epidemics […] Read more
Global Fund Replenishment Conference side event “Funding the Harm Reduction Response: Stepping up the fight to end AIDS among people who use drugs”The Sixth Replenishment Conference of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, hosted by the government of France under the patronage of President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, on 9-10 October in Lyon. Read more
Getting to know the Civil Society and Eastern Europe and Central Asia Delegations to the Board of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. An Information note for Eastern Europe and Central AsiaThe Info Note is targeted on the representatives of the civil society and affected communities from EECA region but the information presented in it could be of interest for the civil society and communities’ representatives from other regions as well. Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Berlin to host 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science in 2021 28.02.2019 16:37
HIV2020 11.12.2018 16:39
10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) 04.12.2018 15:37
2nd International Conference on (Re-)Emerging Infectious Diseases 04.12.2018 14:48
HIV & WOMEN 2019 04.12.2018 12:42
INTERNATIONAL VIRAL HEPATITIS ELIMINATION (IVHEM) 2018 04.12.2018 12:27