Funding opportunities for innovations are announced by Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- 13.04.2018 14:11
- Post Views: 1,340
Grand Challenges Explorations grant opportunities
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is inviting Grand Challenges Explorations (GCE) proposals for the following three challenges (application deadline is May 2, 2018):
- Innovations in Immunization Data Management, Use, and Improved Process Efficiency
- Affordable, Accessible, and Appealing: The Next Generation of Nutrition (also see the blog)
- Tools and Technologies for Broad-Scale Disease Surveillance of Crop Plants in Low-Income Countries
- Grand Challenges India: New Approaches to Characterize the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance. Application deadline is May 25, 2018.
- Grand Challenges Explorations – Brazil: New Approaches to Characterize the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance. Application deadline is May 28, 2018.
- Grand Challenges Africa: New Approaches to Characterize the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance. Application deadline is May 16, 2018.
- Grand Challenges South Africa: New Approaches to Characterize the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance. Application deadline is May 16, 2018.
- Grand Challenges: Campylobacter spp. Transmission Dynamics in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. Application deadline is May 2, 2018.
- Grand Challenges Explorations – Brazil: Data Science Approaches to Improve Maternal and Child Health in Brazil. Application deadline is May 2, 2018.
- Misk Grand Challenges: Activating Global Citizenship: Building the Next Generation of Global Citizens for the Global Goals. Application deadline is May 2, 2018.
- Misk Grand Challenges: Reinventing Teaching and School Leadership: Preparing the Youth with the 21st Century Skills Needed for a Knowledge Economy. Application deadline is May 2, 2018.
- The African Academy of Sciences (AAS), the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation are partnering under the auspices of the Coalition of African Research & Innovation (CARI) to establish a post-doctoral training fellowship program, the African Postdoctoral Training Initiative (APTI). Training will be at the intramural laboratories of NIH. Application deadline is May 11, 2018.
- The Templeton World Charity Foundation announces Round 1 of its new Global Innovations for Character Development initiative. Application deadline is June 15, 2018.
Strengthening the role of key populations in relation to HIV, tuberculosis and malaria to improve health and wellbeingL’Initiative has launched its 2024 call for projects. The aim of the call for proposals is to select projects complementary to and/or supporting Global Fund grants. Post Views: 4 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).