PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress: Inviting Applicants for International Leadership Training Program
- 10.08.2016 05:25
- Post Views: 686
PATHWAYS believe that people in developing countries know best what problems they have and know best how to approach solving them. With PATHWAYS, one can choose promising secondary school graduates in developing countries who have written an insightful and practical project idea about how to make life better in their own country. PATHWAYS then offers the opportunity for students to apply for modest annual awards to help them move their projects forward and assists them with university fees.
Deadline: 31 August 2016
Eligible Countries from EECA: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia,Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Macedonia, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
- Develop the student’s leadership ability through supporting their efforts to improve their community,
- Facilitate the education and encourage career development of individuals who are highly qualified academically, motivated, and dedicated to improving their country,
- Provide mentoring to establish the future leader in his/her career and to assure the successful implementation of the community project and
- Foster lifelong civic-minded collaborations among youth from different ethnicities.
- Offers a leadership training opportunity to disadvantaged youth in developing countries (AIDS orphans, women, others);
- Provides mentoring to shepherd motivated students who want to improve their countries;
- Builds tomorrow’s leaders in their own communities; and
- Offers an ongoing support network.
- Copy of Admission letter from the University
- KCSE overall grade average of B or higher
- Demonstrated financial need
- Strong interpersonal, communication and educational skills
- Be willing to identify a public primary school and offer mentorship to the pupils
- Be willing to identify a local/community women’s/youth self-help group and through PATHWAYS guidance assist them in starting and running a table banking enterprise and be willing to train them on how to start and succeed in running one or more income generating activities
- Three letters of recommendation from three different people in leadership positions who are familiar with your abilities and character (e.g. secondary school teachers/educational professionals, local administrators, religious leaders) (attach)
- Copies of KCPE/KCSE official results certificate (attach)
- Recent photo of student (will not be returned)
Interested applicants can download the application form via PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress website.
For more information, please visit PATHWAYS Leadership for Progress.
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Third Call for proposal CEECA EMERGENCY SUPPORT FUND 15.02.2024 11:41
New $10m USAID RFP for Central Asia MDR-TB Programs 30.01.2024 12:39
Supporting community participation in AIDS 2024 06.01.2024 23:36