Apply for a Scholarship to Attend the 9th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2017)
- 13.01.2017 05:45
- Post Views: 7,449
The 9th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2017) will take place on 23-26 July 2017 at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, France. It is organized by the International AIDS Society (IAS) in partnership with the ANRS (France Recherche Nord & Sud Sida-HIV Hépatites).
Deadline to apply for scholarships: 1 February 2017
Through the Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit to make the conference accessible to people from resource-limited settings, researchers, young people, and community representatives.
Priority will be given to those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities, to those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference, and to those whose abstract submission has been selected.
Scholarship applicants will be able to request a full or partial scholarship.
- A full scholarship may include:
- Registration fee for the conference (include access to all sessions and exhibitions);
- Travel (pre-paid airfare at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport);
- Accommodation (shared in a budget hotel or dorm for the days of the conference);
- Modest daily living allowance for the duration of the conference (23-26 July 2017).
- A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.
Media Scholarship Programme
- A limited number of scholarships will also be available for media representatives from around the world.
- Media scholarship applicants will be asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents.
- The Scholarship Programme is open to everyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and AIDS who are at least 16 years of age at the time of the conference.
- The programme provides financial assistance to help people who would otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
- Scholarship selection will be based on a non-biased scoring system.
For more information, please visit the IAS 2017 website.
Regional Civil Society Meeting “Ensuring meaningful community engagement during the development of national funding requests for Global Fund Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) in EECA in 2023”Post Views: 4 Read more
Key Outcomes from the 49th Global Fund Board MeetingСommunique on the Key Outcomes from the 49th Global Fund Board Meeting which took place on 10 – 11 of May in Hanoi, Vietnam, issued by the Developing Country NGO (DCNGO) Delegation to the Global Fund Board. Post Views: 11 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
The worsening HIV crisis in Eastern Europe and Central Asia 31.05.2023 14:36
Key Outcomes from the 49th Global Fund Board Meeting 30.05.2023 10:39
Webinar: Updates on C19RM and Pandemic Preparedness 29.05.2023 11:11