12 days to 26 September! Together let’s secure Heads of State participation at the UN HLM on TB
- 13.09.2018 13:11
- Post Views: 1,421
The Stop TB Partnership and the World Health Organization (WHO) are urgently calling on all partners, TB survivors, activists, caregivers, community groups, the private sector and other stakeholders across the globe to lead bold ACTIONS to get TB the attention it deserves.
ACTION 1: Every day between now and the UN HLM, lets flood Twitter and Facebook with calls for your Heads of State participation at the UN HLM. But one day a week on Wednesdays Twitter and Facebook should glow with the mention of the UN HLM on TB.
What you can do:
- Use the text below to create your country specific Tweet and Facebook post. Click here for HoS Twitter handles and click here for Country TB data. Click here for a list of Heads of State who committed to attend the UN HLM.Template 1: “We urge [insert Name of Head of State/Government] to join forces NOW and attend the #UNHLMTB to #EndTB on 26th September 2018 in #NewYork. @StopTB @WHO”Template 2: “Every day [insert number] people die of TB in [name of country]. [Name of your Head of State/Government + twitter handle], you can save precious lives by joining fellow Heads of State at the #UNHLMTB on 26th September in New York and pledging your commitment to #EndTB. @StopTB @WHO”
- Stop TB Partnership has created country TB data tiles for each of the high priority countries. Stop TB Partnership calls on all community organizations, in-country partners and TB activists and survivors to disseminate TB data tiles via social media. Tag the Head of State in your country and use the TB data tiles for your country. Access the Twitter handles of the priority Heads of State and the TB data tiles.
Find here a list of additional messages you can send your Head of State.
ACTION 2: From now until the UN HLM on September 26, engage with media in your country to highlight the UN HLM.
To support your effort, Stop TB Partnership Media Pack and WHO Advocacy Resources are created comprising UN HLM FAQs, TB factsheets, Key Asks from TB stakeholders and communities, a list of country numbers of people who do not receive TB care and treatment, country-specific TB data tiles, a list of relevant organizations and partners and videos featuring TB survivors.
Disseminate these resources to your media contacts. Below are some of the news story ideas that you can pitch to the media in your country:
- Every single minute 3 people die of TB in the world – this can be avoided ensuring access to quality assured and affordable diagnosis and medicines.
- We need USD13 billion per year by 2022 for implementation and scale up if we want to end TB.
- Only with a gender sensitive and human approach to TB, can we remove the barriers preventing millions from access the TB diagnosis, treatment, care and support services they
- With independent, multi-sector accountability, we can inspire action among all stakeholders to end TB.
ACTION 3: The global LightUpforTB initiative was an immense success on World TB Day this year, with 60 landmarks – across 49 cities – in 24 countries glowing red on 24 March.
On September 26, the day of the UN HLM on TB, we are counting on your efforts to LightUpforTB in red the landmarks in your cities and countries to mark this historic moment.
What you can do:
a) Write to your local representative (councilor, mayor, etc.) and urge them to join this unique global campaign. Use the template letter which you can adapt as per your needs. Tag the activity with #LightUpforTB.
For each of these five actions, tell us about your activities (via photos and selfies) by using the @stoptb twitter handle and #UNHLMTB and #LightUpforTB hashtags and Stop TB Partnershipwill pin these on its UN HLM world map (click here).
This is our opportunity to make history – let’s raise our collective voices to ensure the UN HLM’s impact is felt is every region, country, city and village to put the world on track to ending TB by 2030.
For more information on the UNHLM please access:
Stop TB Partnership: http://www.stoptb.org/global/advocacy/unhlm.asp
President of the General Assembly: https://www.un.org/pga/72/event-latest/fight-to-end-tuberculosis/
Strengthening the role of key populations in relation to HIV, tuberculosis and malaria to improve health and wellbeingL’Initiative has launched its 2024 call for projects. The aim of the call for proposals is to select projects complementary to and/or supporting Global Fund grants. Post Views: 1 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).