Terms of Reference for the experts to develop and facilitate Workshop “Transition from Global Fund support of HIV\TB programs to national funding: understanding the role, opportunities and priorities for civil society in Albania”
- 23.05.2019 14:47
- Post Views: 573
The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) in the scope of the EECA Regional Platform project supported by the Global Fund is aimed to organize a workshop targeted on civil society and community representatives in Albania. The workshop is going to take place in Tirana (Albania) on 03 – 04 of July 2019 (the dates could be changed). The working languages of the workshop will be English and Albanian.
Objectives of the workshop
The objectives of the workshop are:
- To improve the understanding among the workshop participants of the transition-related processes taking place in Albania and the possible consequence of these processes for the sustainability of the HIV and TB response overall, and comprehensive services for key populations in particular;
- To identify and agree on the joint advocacy measures required to be taken by the civil society and community representatives in Albania to ensure the sustainability of services of for KAPs within the period of the implementation of the new transition grant to start in 2020;
- To help civil society and community representatives to identify technical assistance (TA) needs related to transition processes and help them to develop content of requests for TA available through the Global Fund’s Community, Rights and Gender TA Program and other Global Fund-related TA providers
Note: Flexibility and sensitivity to country processes will be a principle of this workshop. As such, some of the objectives may be revised and adjusted within the process of development of the workshop agenda.
Tasks and the deadlines for the consultants under this ToR:
EHRA is looking for a local and regional level experts to develop the content of the workshop and help EHRA with its organization and facilitation.
The expert under this ToR (no matter local or regional one) is expected:
- By 04 of June to review the available draft concept of the workshop, propose and agree with EHRA amendments to it if needed, develop and agree with EHRA the final version of the workshop concept;
- By 06 of June together with second expert to develop the draft agenda of the workshop and get the feedback on it from EHRA and other key partners involved into organization of the event if any;
- By 12 of June together with second expert to provide EHRA with the final version of the workshop agenda ready for the dissemination among the workshop participants;
- Help EHRN to identify the workshop participants. The final list of participants should be developed by the 14 of June;
- To help EHRA to identify relevant experts to be invited to participate in the workshop. The list of experts should be developed by 14 of June;
- Based on the agreed agenda of the workshop to develop and agree with the second expert the process of the workshop’s facilitation by 21 of June.
- To coordinate the process of development of relevant presentations for the purposes of the workshop by invited participants and experts: to develop the check list of the workshop presentations; to brief each expert on the expected content, possible structure and timing of the presentation; to collect presentations from experts and participants in advance to the workshop; to provide a feedback on their content and structure if needed. To participate in planned Skype calls with the invited experts.
- To coordinate the process of the development of the handout materials to be disseminated among the workshop participants in advance to the workshop or distributed during the workshop: to develop the check list of the required handout materials; to collect them in advance to the workshop from the experts or from other relevant sources and make sure that those needed to be printed for the seminar are printed in time.
- Together with second expert to develop the methodology of the evaluation of the workshop results right after the event. Based on this methodology to develop the questionnaire for the participants to fill in right after the workshop.
- To participate in a preparatory meeting with EHRA representative and experts the day before the workshop to have the final discussion on the workshop agenda, facilitation processes, roles of key participants and expected results;
- Together with second expert to facilitate the two-day long workshop on 03 – 04 of July 2019 (the dates could be changed) in Tirana (Albania);
- To be in contact with the people responsible for the organization of the workshop logistics and timely provide them with all required information regarding the requirements for the workshop auditorium, stationery, etc.;
- For the national expert: based on the results of the workshop – help drafting the content of the TA request for civil society and communities in Albania to be submitted within the GF CRG TA Program. Draft TA request should be sent to workshop participants for their feedback and comments by 12 of July. Based on the feedback received the TA request should be finalized and submitted by 22 of July.
- Together with second expert by 22 of July to develop and submit to EHRA the report on the process and results of the workshop. The report should be in English and should not exceed 12 pages. Among other issues the report should include a short overview of the workshop organization process, key discussions which took place during the workshop, key agreements reached, conclusions as well as recommendations both for Global Fund and participants on the next steps to be done as a follow up to the workshop.
The exact division of labor between the local and regional experts will be agreed within the process of contract negotiation and signing with the selected experts.
EHRA will identify the person from among its staff to supervise the work of the experts under this ToR. Supervisor will be a contact person for the expert on all matters with regard to the organization and facilitation of the workshop and will be the one to conclude on the quality of the work done and report provided.
Payment for the work of the consultant under this ToR will be decided based on the results of the tendering process. The work under this ToR for the regional expert should not exceed 5 working days altogether (2 days for preparatory work, two days on facilitation of the workshop, one day for the report writing). The work under this ToR for the national expert should not exceed 7 working days altogether (2 days for preparatory work, two days on facilitation of the workshop and 1 day on the report writing and 2 day on providing support to develop the TA request). Payment will be done within 10 days after the acceptance by EHRA of the report on the results of the workshop and developed TA request.
EHRA will cover travel and accommodation expenses required to ensure the consultant participation in the workshop if needed. The contract with the consultant will be signed for the period from 03 of June till 31 of July 2019. In case of change of the dates of the event due to the unexpected circumstances the duration of the contract will be prolonged for the relevant period.
Requirements to the consultant
Submitted application will be evaluated by a selection committee at the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (maximum amount of points for each criterion):
- The experience of organization and facilitation of a least five (5) national\regional level workshops\seminars\trainings in last three years; (20 points maximum)
- Good understanding of Global Fund sustainability and transition related processes in EECA region and in Albania in particular and preferably personal involvement into such processes (should be clear from the Letter of Interest); (20 points maximum)
- Good understanding of HIV\TB situation in Albania (should be clear from the Letter of Interest); (10 points maximum)
- Good understanding of the specifics of NGOs’ work and funding in Albania (should be clear from the Letter of interest); (10 points maximum)
- Good communication skills; (10 points maximum)
- Tolerant attitude towards representatives of key communities affected by HIV; (10 points maximum)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Albanian (exclusive requirement for local expert); (10 points maximum)
- Optimal daily rate (10 points maximum)
The maximum possible amount of points is 100.
How to apply
The candidates are invited to submit their CV, Letter of Interest and state the daily rate in USD (including the taxes) by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant to develop and facilitate CRG Workshop in Albania” to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 30 of May 2019 24:00 EET.
For more information please read The concept note
HIV prevention services for key populations in Albania on the brink of collapse – open letter from Albanian NGOsAlbanian NGOs issued an open letter expressing their concerns regarding a difficult context of provision of HIV services to key populations groups in Albania. Post Views: 141 Read more
Global Fund Webinar – Matching FundsOn January the Global Fund will be offering a webinar on Matching Funds. This webinar will include detailed guidance on the process and the conditions for each of the matching funds for the new cycle, along with a Question and Answer session for any outstanding clarifications. Post Views: 119 Read more
The Challenges of Global Fund Transition in Albania: HIV Prevention Services for Key Populations on the Brink of CollapseAccording to the estimated needs to sustain HIV and TB responses in Albania, approximately US$3 million is required per year to address the two epidemics effectively. The implementation of the current Global Fund HIV and TB grant of approximately US$5.8 million is ending in December 2019. The last transition grant is expected to start in […] Read more
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).