Extended: Terms of Reference for the consultant to conduct the EECA Regional Civil Society Survey on the work of the EECA Regional Platform
- 24.11.2021 18:52
- Post Views: 131
The Regional Platforms for Communication and Coordination were established in 6 regions of the world by the Global Fund within its Community, Rights and Gender Special Initiative (CRG-SI) which was implemented throughout 2014-2016. The work of the Platforms was reaffirmed to be executed throughout 2017-2019 and 2020 – 2022 within a 2nd and 3rd phases of the now called CRG Strategic Initiative. Sine 2017 Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is being the host of the EECA regional Platform.
The regional platforms for communication and coordination are expected to have a key role in engaging civil society organizations and community networks in Global Fund processes. They are responsible to foster regional dialogue, exchange knowledge and good practices among civil society actors and networks, as well as to disseminating information on technical assistance opportunities across civil society and community groups across all countries where the Global Fund has grants and/or countries under Global Fund multi-country grants.
EHRA is looking for an expert to conduct the EECA Regional Civil Society Survey on the
work of the EECA Regional Platform.
Purpose and scope of the survey
The survey aims to help EHRA to understand the experience of communities, KAP and partners within and outside the EECA region with the EECA Regional Platform and collect specific requests and recommendations on what could be sustained, improved or changed in its work in 2022 – 2023.
In particular, EHRA is expecting the results of the survey to help it to understand how the Platform could better organize its work during the next two years in order to achieve its 3 objectives, including, in particular (but not limited to):
- How the Platform could better target the civil society and communities in the region with the relevant information (what could be improved in the current Platform’s approach to communication, what is the best way to provide civil society in the region with GF related information and how to interest them with it, what other channels of communication could be used etc.).
- How the Platform should restructure and update its website to make it more attractive and useful for the representatives of civil society and communities in EECA (what topics should be highlighted better, what sections should be added, what challenges people experience when using the website, etc.)
- What the Platform could do better to make its work more visible in the region
- How the Platform could act better to strengthen the capacity of civil society to get better engagement into the national Global Fund related processes in their countries
- What the Platform could do better to ensure the access of civil society and communities’ representatives in the region to the available technical support (including CRG TA in particular)
- In what areas there could be a stronger role for the Platform in the region
Key tasks to be conducted by the expert
Before proceeding with organization of the survey process the expert sub-contracted by EHRA under this ToR is expected to familiarize themselves with:
- the Platform’s communication channels including website and accounts in social networks
- the Platform’s work plan for 2021 – 2023
- the EHRA report on the C19RM support project in 2021
- the EHRA report on the Platform’s work in 2017 – 2020
All relevant documents will be provided by EHRA to the selected consultant.
Next approaches to data collection are expected to be used by the consultant:
- Semi-structured interviews with the representatives of the next categories of the respondents:
• NGOs which received CRG TA / C19RM related TA with the support of the EECA Platform in 2020 – 2021 (4 interviews)
• Partners involved in the implementation of the Components 1 and 2 of the CRG SI in EECA region (3 interviews)
• CRG TA providers which had the experience of CRG TA provision in EECA region in 2020 – 2021 (3 interviews)
• Principal recipients of the Global Fund’s HIV and TB multi-country grants in EECA (2 interviews)
• Members of the relevant Delegations to the GF Board from EECA region (3 interviews)
• Global Fund’s Secretariat CRG Department and EECA team (2 interviews)
• Key EHRA partners in the region from among key populations networks (3 interviews)
As some of the interviewees could represent more then one category of key respondent, not less than 15 interviews should be conducted altogether covering all the above listed categories.
- Online survey in two languages (Russian and English) available for any interested civil society and communities’ representatives from EECA region. SurveyMonkey or Google forms could be used as a base for the online survey.
The consultant will be expected to develop and agree with EHRA:
- The list of the key informants to be interviewed
- The questionnaires for the different categories of the key informants to be interviewed
- The questionnaire for the online survey
- The outline of the report on the results of the survey
Proposed timeline and process
|Development of the list of key informants to be interviewed, development of the questionnaires for the semi-structured interviews and online survey||By 10th of December|
|Conducting the interviews with key informants, collecting data through the online survey||By 10th of January|
|To propose and agree with EHRA on the outline and structure of the report on the results of the survey||By 10th of January|
|Providing EHRA with the draft report on the results of the survey||By 24th of January|
|Finalization of the report based on the received feedback and comments from EHRA||By 7th of February|
Please see attached document for more information on this ToR
How to apply
The individual consultants are invited to submit their CV and the Letter of Interest (LoI) by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant to conduct the EECA Regional Civil Society Survey” to email@example.com by COB 2 December November 2021 24:00 EET.
TBEC webinar “Communication for political change: MAF-TB launch and key asks inclusion into UN HLM Political Declaration on TB”Post Views: 3 Read more
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
HARM REDUCTION MESSAGES FOR THE 49TH GLOBAL FUND BOARD MEETING 10.05.2023 11:25
EXTENDED Request for proposals: Grants to support the meaningful involvement of the civil society and communities’ representatives from Azerbaijan, Kosovo, Montenegro, Uzbekistan into the country dialogue processes related to the development of national funding requests for Global Fund Grant Cycle 7 (GC7) in 2023 20.04.2023 13:49