Request for Expressions of Interest – Support the undertaking of the CRG assessment to TB care
Country: Republic of Moldova
Project: „Advancing People-Centered Quality TB Care – From the New Model of Care Towards Improving DR-TB Early Detection and Treatment Outcomes” financed by Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Grant No.: QMZ-T-PAS
Assignment Title: Support the undertaking of the Community Rights and Gender assessment to TB care
The Center for Health Policies and Studies (PAS Center) has receivedfinancing from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria toward the cost of the „Advancing People-Centered Quality TB Care – From the New Model of Care Towards Improving DR-TB Early Detection and Treatment Outcomes” Grant, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include to support three countries in conducting assessment of the community, rights, gender and stigma dimensions of TB care to strengthen strategies for enhancing access to treatment and disease control. The assignment is described in Terms of Reference (ToR) that is attached.
The PAS Center now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Qualification requirements and basis for evaluation (evaluation criteria) are:
General experience (20 points):
- Minimum eight years of experience in providing technical assistance in the area of public health and human rights;
- Experience of working with international organizations and/or national agencies implementing externally funded programs and projects
Specific experience (40 points):
- Proven experience in undertaking assignments related to CRG issues, particularly within the context of TB and/or HIV
- Experience in working with key populations, community groups and community-based organizations, preferably in the field of TB response
- Capacity to collaborate with, and where needed build the skills of, civil society organizations in countries in which the assessment will be undertaken
Key personnel, professional experience (40 points):
- Qualified staff with general experience in providing technical assistance
- Minimum 4 key experts to be assigned for the required assignment in each of the following areas: gender, law and human rights, key and priority populations and stigma;
- Strong knowledge of programs to reduce CRG-related barriers to accessing health services within the context of HIV and TB;
- Capacity of the assigned consultants to conduct consultations with the multi-stakeholder teams;
- Availability of the personnel to conduct the work in the specified region;
- Excellent spoken and written English skills, decent command of the Russian language is considered an asset
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014(“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 AM to 18.00 PM o’clock, Moldova local time.
Svetlana Nicolaescu – Program Coordinator, PAS Center
Tel: (+373 22) 22 63 43 ext. 108
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by May 31, 2019, 6:00 PM o’clock, Moldova local time.
The Center for Health Policies and Studies
Attn: Cezar Captaciuc – Procurement Specialist, PAS Center
99/1, V. Alecsandri street, MD-2012, Chisinau, Moldova,
Tel: (+373 22) 22 63 43 ext.111
fax: (+373 22) 22 63 87
Original source of the news can be found by the following link.
Global Fund Donors Pledge US$14 Billion in Fight to End EpidemicsLYON, France –In an unprecedented show of global solidarity, donors at the Global Fund’s Sixth Replenishment Conference pledged US$14.02 billion for the next three years – the largest amount ever raised for a multilateral health organization, and the largest amount by the Global Fund. The funds will help save 16 million lives and end the epidemics […] Read more
The Coordination Committee called on the Global Fund to support the fight against HIV epidemic in RussiaThe Coordination Committee for the prevention and control of HIV/AIDS in Russian Federation, responsible for ovrsight and coordination of the implementation of the Global Fund grants in Russia, called on the Global Fund to allocate funding to support civil society organizations in their fight against HIV epidemic in Russia for the next three years, and […] Read more
Global Fund Replenishment Conference side event “Funding the Harm Reduction Response: Stepping up the fight to end AIDS among people who use drugs”The Sixth Replenishment Conference of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, hosted by the government of France under the patronage of President of the Republic, Emmanuel Macron, on 9-10 October in Lyon. Post Views: 49 Read more
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Global Fund Donors Pledge US$14 Billion in Fight to End Epidemics 14.10.2019 12:59
Global Fund Webinar: An Overview of the Application Process 13.09.2019 14:30