Extended: EHRA is looking for the expert to develop and facilitate 2-day Regional Working Forum “Provision of Global Fund-related Technical Assistance for CSOs and communities in the EECA region – how to make it work better?”
- 17.09.2019 10:14
- Post Views: 215
The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) in the scope of the EECA Regional Platform project supported by the Global Fund is aimed to organize a Regional Forum for exchange, to discuss and learn from the results of the implementation of the Global Fund CRG TA Program in EECA region in 2018 – 2019. The Forum is going to take place in Chisinau (Moldova) on 14 – 15 of November 2019. The working languages of the Regional Forum will be English and Russian.
Objectives of the meeting
The objectives of the Forum are:
- To learn from the experiences of the Global Fund CRG TA providers and recipients of such TA in EECA.
- To understand the challenges and barriers that CSOs and communities faced while requesting\receiving\providing the TA and to discuss how this TA mechanism could be improved in the future.
- To get a better understanding of the other Global Fund-related TA opportunities that are available in the EECA region for civil society and communities.
- To develop a position of the civil society participants on what Global Fund-related TA support they need, and how they want the mechanism for delivering this TA to be structured.
Note: Some of the objectives may be revised and adjusted during the process of planning the meeting agenda.
Tasks and the deadlines for the consultants under this ToR:
EHRA is looking for a regional level expert to develop the content of the event and help EHRA with its organization and facilitation.
The expert under this ToR is expected:
- By 27 of September to review the available draft concept of the Regional Forum, propose and agree with EHRA amendments to it if needed, develop and agree with EHRA the final version of the concept of the event;
- By 30 of September to develop the draft agenda of the Regional Forum and get the feedback on it from EHRA and other key partners involved into organization of the event if any;
- By 21 of October to provide EHRA with the final version of the Regional Forum agenda ready for the dissemination among the Regional Forum participants;
- Help EHRA to identify the participants of the Regional Forum. The final list of participants should be developed by the 18 of October;
- To help EHRA to identify relevant experts to be invited to participate in the Regional Forum. The list of experts should be developed by 21 of October;
- Based on the agreed agenda of the event to develop and agree with EHRA the process of its facilitation by 05 of November;
- To coordinate the process of development of relevant presentations for the purposes of the event by invited participants and experts: to develop the check list of the presentations; to brief each expert on the expected content, possible structure and timing of the presentation; to collect presentations from experts and participants in advance to the event; to provide a feedback on their content and structure if needed. To participate in planned Skype calls with the invited experts;
- To coordinate the process of the development of the handout materials to be disseminated among the participants of the Regional Forum in advance to the event or distributed during the meeting: to develop the check list of the required handout materials; to collect them in advance to the Regional Forum from the experts or from other relevant sources and make sure that those needed to be printed for the seminar are printed in time;
- To develop the methodology of the evaluation of the results of the Regional Forum right after the event. Based on this methodology to develop the questionnaire for the participants to fill in right after the event;
- To participate in a preparatory meeting with EHRA representative and experts the day before the Regional Forum to have the final discussion on its agenda, facilitation processes, roles of key participants and expected results;
- To facilitate the two-day long Regional Forum on 14 – 15 of November 2019 in Chisinau (Moldova);
- To be in contact with the people responsible for the organization of the event’s logistics and timely provide them with all required information regarding the requirements for the Regional Forum auditorium, stationery, etc.;
- By 01 of December to develop and submit to EHRA the report on the process and results of the Regional Forum. The report should be in English and should not exceed 15 pages. Among other issues the report should include a short overview of the Regional Forum organization process, key discussions which took place during the event, key agreements reached, conclusions as well as recommendations both for Global Fund and participants on the next steps to be done as a follow up to the Regional Forum. In particular the report should include:
- Recommendations for the GF Secretariat on how to optimize the particular CRG TA mechanism to be more demanded\effective in the EECA region
- Draft position on what kind of Global Fund related TA civil society may need and how the mechanism of such TA provision should work in most effective and efficient way
EHRA will identify the person from among its staff to supervise the work of the expert under this ToR. Supervisor will be a contact person for the expert on all matters regarding the organization and facilitation of the event and will be the one to conclude on the quality of the work done and report provided.
Payment for the work of the consultant under this ToR will be decided based on the results of the tendering process. The work under this ToR for the regional expert should not exceed 6 working days altogether (3 days for preparatory work, two days on facilitation of the Regional Forum, 1 day for the report writing). Payment will be done within 10 days after the acceptance by EHRA of the report on the results of the event.
EHRA will cover travel and accommodation expenses required to ensure the expert’s participation in the event if needed. The contract with the selected expert will be signed for the period from 24 of September till 10 of December 2019. In case of change of the dates of the event due to the unexpected circumstances the duration of the contract will be prolonged for the relevant period.
Requirements to the consultant
Submitted applications will be evaluated by a selection committee at the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (maximum amount of points for each criterion):
- The experience of organization and facilitation of a least five (5) regional level workshops\seminars\trainings in last three years; (20 points maximum)
- Good understanding of Global Fund sustainability and transition related processes taking place in EECA region and preferably personal involvement into such processes (should be clear from the Letter of Interest); (10 points maximum)
- Good understanding of the situation with availability of HIV\TB related TA for civil society in EECA region. Be familiar with the existing mechanisms of TA provision (CRG TA in particular) and challenges being faced by TA recipients \ providers (should be clear from the Letter of Interest); (20 points maximum)
- Good communication skills; (10 points maximum)
- Tolerant attitude towards representatives of key communities affected by HIV/TB; (10 points maximum)
- Fluent written and spoken English and Russian; (10 points maximum)
- Optimal daily rate (20 points maximum)
The maximum possible amount of points is 100. Based on the results of the tendering process EHRA could decide to sub-contract more than one consultant to complete the tasks within this ToR.
How to apply
he candidates are invited to submit their CV, Letter of Interest, the completed Daily rate Form (daily rate should be stated in USD and include taxes) by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant to develop and facilitate CRG TA Regional Working Forum” to Ivan Varentsov email@example.com by 20 of September 2019 24:00 EET.
For more information please read the concept note
Roundtable organized by Global FundOn 26 May (Russian) and 27 May (English) at 10.00 am (Geneva time) Developing Country NGO delegation of the Global Fund Board and the Global Fund Secretariat are organizing the Roundtable “Responses to HIV and TB in times of COVID-19 – strengthening engagement with civil society and communities in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA)” […] Read more
Global Fund funding opportunity – COVID-19 Response MechanismThe COVID-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM), approved in April 2020, authorizes US$500 million in funding in addition to grant flexibilities. C19RM can be used across the three diseases and the health system, even if a country only has a single Global Fund grant for one component. The CCM will assess the most urgent needs and direct […] Read more
Global Fund COVID-19 FlexibilitiesGrant flexibilities, announced on 4 March 2020, allow countries with current grants to: 1) use up to 5% of their current grant value if there are savings, and/or 2) reprogram up to 5% of the value of a grant to meet immediate COVID-19 response requirements. Repurposing equipment already purchased through a Global Fund grant is […] Read more
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Roundtable organized by Global Fund 22.05.2020 08:35
Global Fund funding opportunity - COVID-19 Response Mechanism 14.05.2020 14:57
Global Fund COVID-19 Flexibilities 14.05.2020 14:51