The Fourth International Conference on Law Inforcement and Public Health
- 21.10.2018 09:00 - 24.10.2018 18:00
- Toronto, Canada
- Post Views: 0
Better partnerships between police and public health will contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals:
- LEPH2018 will help promote healthy lives and well-being leading to peaceful and inclusive societies by an integrated approach of law enforcement and public health” (SDG 3)
- LEPH2018 will help build police-public health partnerships that are effective, accountable and inclusive” (SDG 16)
The Sustainable Development Goals were one of the main outcomes of the Rio+20 Conference. They will build upon the Millennium Development Goals and converge with the post 2015 development agenda. It was decided to establish an “inclusive and transparent intergovernmental process open to all stakeholders, with a view to developing global sustainable development goals to be agreed by the General Assembly”.
Objectives for LEPH2018 Toronto
The LEPH2018 Convener and Partners believe that, in addressing complex health and security issues:
- Law enforcement and health are intimately related and necessary partners
- Organizations from both fields should work together closely to increase the health and safety of citizens
- This is an important multidisciplinary domain which requires more exploration in empirical detail and in principle, and a greater focus on what the intersection means and necessitates, and how it can be improved and developed
- Further learnings in this domain are best gained by combining research insights and professional practices. This requires the bringing together of researchers, practitioners and policymakers
- International exchange of insights and practices is an important accelerator in the development of this important field
- This field has a crucial contribution to make to the achievement of the post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
More information about Conference can be found on official web-site.
Services for migrants and refugees from Ukraine – HIV/TB care with a focus on key populations
Due to the increasing flows of refugees from Ukraine because of Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the EECA Regional Platform created a spreadsheet to fill contacts details of face-to-face and online services for refugees and migrants (with a focus on HIV/TB care and key population groups).
If you provide such services or know verified providers, please fill out the spreadsheet at your earliest convenience, and, please, update it as more verified information is available. These can be services for national citizens if they are also accessible to international migrants and refugees.
Regional Platform – EECA
This web-resource is a part of new regional communication and coordination project “Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform - EECA”, implemented by Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA).
Berlin to host 11th IAS Conference on HIV Science in 2021 28.02.2019 16:37
HIV2020 11.12.2018 16:39
10th IAS Conference on HIV Science (IAS 2019) 04.12.2018 15:37
2nd International Conference on (Re-)Emerging Infectious Diseases 04.12.2018 14:48
HIV & WOMEN 2019 04.12.2018 12:42
INTERNATIONAL VIRAL HEPATITIS ELIMINATION (IVHEM) 2018 04.12.2018 12:27