“Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platform – EECA” (Regional Platform-EECA, RP) project is being implemented by EECA Consortiums, with the lead of Alliance for Public Health (Alliance-Ukraine Consultancy).
The Consortium also includes key TA providers and community networks in the region – Eurasian Harm Reduction Network, East Europe and Central Asia Union of People living with HIV, ECOM, SWAN, ENPUD, TBEC.
The project is financialy supported by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria within the Community, Rights and Gender (CRG) Special Initiative together with 5 other Regional Platforms from different parts of the world.
Project implementation period: June 2015 – December 2016 (April 2017)
Geographical coverage of the project: countries of Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Project is aimed to contribute to common goal of CRG initiative:
Civil society and communities are effectively involved and contribute to development, implementation and evaluation of programs supported by Global Fund.
Powerful communities, human rights and gender equality are critical components of HIV and TB response. Resting on importance of these processes, Global Fund contributes to technical assistance in these spheres. However, access of key groups to this support is limited due to number of reasons. Regional Platform – EECA is one of the ways to solve this problem, increase awareness of civil society and communities about these processes, increase their access to information and technical assistance, increase their capacity and create a demand on technical assistance.
- Support of civil society and communities in the region in the process of obtaining technical assistance on all funding process steps, including evaluation of GF programs on all development levels, implementing and evaluation of country applications.
- Launching of platform for civil society and communities to enhance coordination of technical assistance, improvement of access to information for representatives of key groups and support of communities on all levels of their involvement into processes of response to HIV and TB epidemics.
- Contribution to community networks capacity enforcement.
- Regional online system of knowledge exchange.
- Enforcement of coordination of initiatives on capacity development in the region.
- Provision of possibility of technical assistance by representatives of key groups in the region.
- Improved access of key groups to obtaining technical assistance in spheres of communities, rights and gender support.