What is the CRG Special Initiative (CRG SI)?
The Global Fund admits that activities to fight AIDS,tuberculosis and malaria can’t be successful without significant participation of civil society and main affected key population groups. However, often civil society lacks access to knowledge which is necessary to play an important part in activities of Global Fund. Besides, programs aimed to fight HIV, tuberculosis and malaria often have a limited impact as not enough attention is paid to obstacles connected to human rights, gender inequality and other kinds of inequality and social exclusion.
To provide significant role of key groups of populations affected by the three diseases in Global Fund activities and effective elimination of these obstacles with the help of grants, Global Fund Directorate approved special initiative СRG – communities, human rights and gender equality.
Aims of special initiative
- Provide including programs and events on community systems,human rights protection,gender aspects and main affected key groups of population into concept notes.
- Guarantee significant participation of main affected key groups of population during all granting cycle (from participation into national dialogue and program development to grant implementation).
- Support community participation on all levels of Global Fund activities processes.
Special initiative consists of three independent but interrelated components:
- Program of technical assistance on issues of communities, rights and gender to support country dialogue and development of grant concept note. Technical assistance is provided to support participation of communities and including issues connected to human rights, gender inequality and other kinds of inequality and social exclusion into concept notes. Technical assistance is directed to steps and procedures, conducted before approval of concept note. Requests for technical assistance provision for grants implementation are not taken into consideration.
Special initiative in the sphere of technical assistance on issues of communities, rights and gender is directed to provision of support in implementation of technically justifiable and included into concept notes events which are aimed to elimination of factors which militate against realization of human rights and to strengthening of community systems. Besides, it promotes constructive participation of networks of affected key groups of population and community networks in country dialogue.
More information in Russian on program of technical assistance, who can turn for it and how, what kinds of technical assistance can be requested, can be found in section Technical Assistance Opportunities.
- Creation of six Regional Civil Society and Community Support, Coordination and Communication Platforms in order to exchange information, support and enhance civil society skills,and for participation of communities on all levels of Global Fund activities processes. More details about Regional platform in Eastern Europe and Central Asia here: http://eecaplatform.org/en/our-project/.
- Cooperation with Robert Carr Fund to support network unions of civil society in order to develop capacity of key affected groups of population and community networks to participate in Global Fund processes on country level.
More information about Robert Carr Fund can be found on its website: http://www.robertcarrfund.org/.
More details on issues of communities, rights and gender can be found in our Resource Center: http://eecaplatform.org/en/publications/.